Here's my attempt to download python-rtkit using pip:
user@system:~$ pip install python-rtkit
Downloading/unpacking python-rtkit
Could not find anty download that satisfy the requirement python-rtkit
No distribution at all found for python-rtkit
Storing complete log in /home/jgreen/.pip/pip.log
Then in the log file I have this:
/usr/bin/pip run on Wed May 29 17:39:36 2013 Downloading/unpacking python-rtkit
Getting page https://pypi.python.org/simple/python-rtkit/
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/python-rtkit/: timed out
Will skip URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/python-rtkit/ when looking for download links for python-rtkit
Getting page https://pypi.python.org/simple/
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/: timed out
Will skip URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/ when looking for download links for python-rtkit
Cannot fetch index base URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/
URLs to search for versions for python-rtkit:
https://pypi.python.org/simple/python-rtkit/
Getting page https://pypi.python.org/simple/python-rtkit/
Could not fetch URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/python-rtkit/: timed out
Will skip URL https://pypi.python.org/simple/python-rtkit/ when looking for download links for python-rtkit
Could not find any downloads that satisfy the requirement python-rtkit
No distributions at all found for python-rtkit
Exception information:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/basecommand.py", line 139, in main status = self.run(options, args)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/commands/install.py", line 266, in run requirement_set.prepare_files(finder, force_root_egg_info=self.bundle, bundle=self.bundle)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/req.py", line 1026, in prepare_files url = finder.find_requirement(req_to_install, upgrade=self.upgrade)
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pip/index.py", line 171, in find_requirement raise DistributionNotFound('No distributions at all found for %s' % req)
DistributionNotFound: No distributions at all found for python-rtkit
The log implies to me that it couldn't find the pypi.python.org/simple page but I can ping pypi.python.org just fine. Any ideas on what could possibly be the problem here? Thanks in advance for all help.
EDIT: Ok, so going around the proxy didn't change anything. I made progress by doing the following: export HTTPS_PROXY="http://username:password@proxyip:port" unset http_proxy pip install --use-mirrors python-rtkit
That last line looks like it can find the server but can't write because of access restrictions. Then when I ran that line under sudo I got the same error as earlier.
pip? - Blender