In my FLV file the first frame I have this pre-loader code:
//Stop Frame
stop();
//Create a listener to call the loading function as the movie loads
this.loaderInfo.addEventListener (ProgressEvent.PROGRESS, loading);
//Runs when the loading progress has changed
function loading(event:ProgressEvent):void
{
//Determine the percent loaded from bytesLoaded and bytesTotal
var percent:Number = event.bytesLoaded / event.bytesTotal * 100;
//Display the percentage of the pre-loaded MovieClip
percentage_text.text = int(percent)+"%";
if(percent == 100){
gotoAndStop(2);
}
}
When I try to run the SWF file from an Xampp server via an absolute path "http://localhost/test/mainFLV.swf" the SWF does not progress past 0%. However, when I embed the SWF in a PHP script and the load that PHP script, the SWF loads, but it does not show the pre-loader progressing.
Any help?
EDIT
just tested it in Firefox, and I get a flash of the pre-loader being at 62% before it goes to the second frame. However the original problem persists in Chrome.