0
votes

I've been running this app for a while, and the web part seems to work fine. The repl did as well. But this morning 'heroku run lein repl' returns

java.lang.RuntimeException: No such var: repl/profile

I have been requiring minimum Leiningen 2.0.0, but if I remove that requirement in project.clj, the repl will load with version 1.7.0 or so.

I've noticed a few changes recently to leiningen/standalone_repl.clj in GitHub, but none that seem to explain the breakage.

Running the repl in the project locally works fine. Creating a clean, empty project and requiring leiningen 2.0.0 causes the same breakage.

2
could you include at least the part of your project.clj where you require leiningen? It would help me understand the question much more easily - Arthur Ulfeldt

2 Answers

0
votes

It's most likely that I'm misunderstanding the question, and if so please forgive, though just to clear up a potential misconception: You almost never need to include leiningen in a project's dependencies unless you are developing a lein plugin.

0
votes

It's a heroku problem. Leningen creator (and Heroku employee) left a comment about it on the clojure google group:

This is due to the release of Leiningen 2.0.0; the buildpack currently back-ports a bugfix to the repl via an alias in a way that only works in the preview. For the time being you can use lein trampoline repl explicitly; I'll push a fix for the alias tomorrow. Thanks for bringing this to my attention.