2
votes

I am struggling from last 2 days with the following issue but still not able to resolve it.

With the help of http://akrabat.com/zend-auth-tutorial/ I am doing an authentication module using Zend_Auth in Zend Framework. After successful authentication I am storing users data using getStorage();

Example :

AuthController.php

In method _process I have written like this :

protected function _process($values) {
        // Get our authentication adapter and check credentials        
        $adapter = $this->_getAuthAdapter();
        $adapter->setIdentity($values['username']);
        $adapter->setCredential($values['password']);

        $auth = Zend_Auth::getInstance();             
        $result = $auth->authenticate($adapter);

        if ($result->isValid()) {
            $user = $adapter->getResultRowObject();
            $auth->getStorage()->write($user);                            
            return true;
        }
        return false;
    }

print_r($user) showing the result :

stdClass Object ( [id] => 1 [username] => admin [password] => cb3aefbdffbc81588f3d43c394428b16d4346b44 [salt] => ce8d96d579d389e783f95b3772785783ea1a9854 [role] => administrator [date_created] => 2012-12-29 11:04:40) 

Also,

        print_r($auth->getStorage()->read());

This also displaying me the result.

Now, I want to display Logout link if user successfully logged in.

view\helpers\LoggedInAs.php

    class Zend_View_Helper_LoggedInAs extends Zend_View_Helper_Abstract {

    public function loggedInAs() {
        $auth = Zend_Auth::getInstance();
        if ($auth->hasIdentity()) {
            $username = $auth->getIdentity()->username;
            $logoutUrl = $this->view->url(array('controller' => 'auth',
                'action' => 'logout'), null, true);
            return 'Welcome ' . $username . '. <a href="' . $logoutUrl . '">Logout</a>';
        }

        $request = Zend_Controller_Front::getInstance()->getRequest();
        $controller = $request->getControllerName();
        $action = $request->getActionName();
        if ($controller == 'auth' && $action == 'index') {
            return '';
        }
        $loginUrl = $this->view->url(array('controller' => 'login', 'action' => 'index'));
        return '<a href="' . $loginUrl . '">Login</a>';
    }

}

But its not calling the method hasIdentity thats why its not going to the if block and

print_r($auth) showing output like this:

Zend_Auth Object ( [_storage:protected] => )

If I am doing print_r($_SESSION); then also it showing blank array. The issue is $_SESSION is working in controllers and modules but in view/helpers it displaying blank array.

Bootstrap.php

protected function _initSession() {
    try {
        Zend_Session::start();
    } catch (Zend_Session_Exception $e) {
        session_start();
    }
}

I am using Zend Framework version 1.11.

I am not sure this is the issue of Session or Zend_Auth::getInstance() or view helpers.

Because of this issue I am not able go forward for study Zend_ACL module. How can I fix this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

1

1 Answers

0
votes

Put below code on top of your view helper class... view\helpers\LoggedInAs.php

/**
 * @see Zend_Session
 */
require_once 'Zend/Session.php';

/**
 * @see Zend_View_Helper_Abstract
 */
require_once 'Zend/View/Helper/Abstract.php';