2
votes

I have a we form (.aspx) that has several controls such as dropdownlist, textbox(textbox1), ...

The dropdownlist's autopostback is true and when I change the selected index of it, based on what index I have selected, a text is written in textbox1 and then because the autopostback of textbox1 is true, 2 other textboxes fill themselves based on the text written in textbox1.

But surprisingly, when I type some text directy in textbox1, the textchanged event of it doesn't fire.

why?

I use Asp.net 3.5, c#.

1
Give some of your markup and JS. - ChaosPandion
is this a server side, or client side event you are looking for? - Ron Harlev
I use Server-side event handling.... - odiseh

1 Answers

1
votes

Do you type the text and tab out of the textbox? The postback for a textbox occurs when it loses focus. Refer remark section of TextBox.Autopostback.