I have file of this format:
x y1 y2 y3 ei1 ei2 ei3 es1 es2 es3
1 4 5 4 7 7 2 4 7 7
2 7 3 3 3 8 3 3 3 8
3 2 1 4 4 9 6 4 4 9
I want to produce plots similar to what the following command would give
plot "filename" using 1:2:5:8 with yerrorbars
but using the columns headers(x, y1, ei1 and es1) to call them.
How can this be done?
Page 84 of the gnuplot manual (documenting the using command) reads:
Height Weight Age
val1 val1 val1
... ... ...
then the following plot commands are all equivalent
plot ’datafile’ using 3:1, ’’ using 3:2
plot ’datafile’ using (column("Age")):(column(1)), \
’’ using (column("Age")):(column(2))
plot ’datafile’ using "Age":"Height", ’’ using "Age":"Weight"
However when I tried them I only got the row indices versus themselves.
plot "filename" using 1:2:5:8 with yerrorbarsandplot "filename" using "x":"y1":"ei1":"es1" with yerrorbarsyield the same result here. Which version of Gnuplot are you running, I tested in gnuplot 4.6 patchlevel 0. - Thor