I am trying to plot a graph using gnuplot. My input file is of the format
0.000000 0
0.068719 1
0.070836 1
0.071406 1
0.073363 291
0.073396 1705
0.073424 3119
0.073436 4533
0.073449 5947
0.073525 7361
0.073590 8775
0.144201 10189
0.144233 11603
0.144259 13017
0.144271 14431
0.144296 15845
0.144308 17259
0.144358 18673
0.148081 20087
0.148196 21501
0.148300 22915
0.148348 24329
The configuration file for gnuplot is given below.
set terminal png
set size 1.0, 1.0
set xlabel "timestamps"
#set format x "%.3g"
#set xrange [0:100]
#set xtics 1
#set autoscale x
set ylabel "highest seq number"
#set format y "%.3g"
#set ytics 1
#set yrange [0:100]
#set autoscale y
set title "seq no over time"
set key reverse Left outside
set grid
set pointsize 2.5
set style data linespoints
I got the graph plotted.The y-axis of my graph which is supposed to plot sequence numbers plots the following values.
0,5e+07,1e+08 , 1.5e+08 ,2e+08
- Why are the values represented in this format. I could not find any format specifiers for simple decimals. I am assuming there should be format specifier for decimals. I can't find it.
set size 1.0, 1.0gives me a full graph with boundaries but a graph withset size 1.5, 1.5gives me a truncated graph. I would like a scaled non-truncated graph. What should I do?