4
votes

Is there a way to run an OSGi container in the Weblogic Application Server? I know that it works with JBoss, Glassfish and there are possibilities to add an Equinox servlet bridge to your OSGi project (implementation of the bridge is too old). But I want something similar to JBoss/Glassfish functionality where it is very easy to deploy your OSGi environment, because there are already OSGi implementations. Most of the articels I found were very old and there are no more recent ones. Can someone help with hints or better some links?

Maybe Bnd could create a .war file for me, but how can I achieve it. I read there is a possibility. Example would be great!

EDIT

Just for those who still look into that case. Since version 12.1.2 Weblogic supports OSGi out-of-the-box.

2
Hello! thanks for the edit... however, I see that ( blogs.oracle.com/cloudappfoundation/entry/… ) the question: "Can you please comment on osgi (bundles) support for wls 12c?" is answered as: "WebLogic Server uses OSGi for internal modularization. OSGi has also been used to deliver products like Oracle Complex Event Processor (CEP) in Oracle SOA Suite from WebLogic Server. " that sounds a lot like "we use OSGi internally and in oracle soa suite", but leaves ambiguity on the possibility to deploy your own bundles... - alexdown

2 Answers

1
votes

I'd consider the Apache Felix Http bridge. It worked a lot better for me than the ancient Equinox bridge (I messed around with it for a while, but never got it to work well), after I switched to Felix I got something working pretty quickly.

If I understand you correctly, you want to make a 'plain' war file, that can be deployed in any Java EE server. If that's the case, there is nothing OSGi about your war file, so I don't think Bnd will do anything for you.

0
votes

WebLogic now supports OSGi in version 12.1.2 . See this