"This" is incapable of finding the appropriate variable "array1" despite it clearly being declared within the function. But if I declare the variables outside of the function it works. How can I have the variables inside the function but keep it working?
package
{
public class main extends MovieClip
{
//If I declared the variables here it would work.
public function main():void
{
var array1:Array = [1,2];
var array2:Array = [3,4];
trace(this["array"+1][1]); //returns reference error 1069
}
}
}
Am I stuck with declaring the variables outside of the function?
And no, multidimensional arrays won't work for what I need it for. Though it looks like it would solve everything within the code snippet provided huh?
My intentions is to pass arrays through a class to be used and change which array bunch I use. If I used multidimensional arrays, it would be inefficient due to the amount of copying that would occur.