I have encountered an IOError in Python which I cannot grasp. I have a relatively simple script retrieving various scientific articles and organizing them into a directory structure.
The call to writing each output file is here (in a for-each loop):
(58) outfile = open(curr_dir + "/" + article + ".txt",'w')
(59) outfile.write("title: " + title + '\n')
(60) outfile.write("abstract: " + abstract + '\n')
(61) outfile.close()
For over a thousand articles, the output files are opened and written without trouble. However, on two, it fails with the following IOError pointing to the first line shown above:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "script.py", line 58, in <module>
outfile = open(curr_dir + "/" + article + ".txt",'w')
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/path/to/file/text.html.txt'
Here are the two files:
/path/2-minute-not-invasive-screening-for-cardio-vascular-diseases-relative-limitation-of-c-reactive-protein-compared-with-more-sensitive-l-homocystine-as-cardio-vascular-risk-factors-safe-and-effective-treatment-using-the-selective-drug-uptake-enhancementme.html.txt
/path/expression-of-chemokine-receptors-i-immunohistochemical-analyses-with-new-monoclonal-antibodies-from-the-8th-iifferentiation-antigens.html.txt
As far as I can tell, all of the other 1000+ documents look more or less identical. For instance, other documents begin with a number and they were opened at printed without trouble. Also, these articles are trying to write to the same directory that other articles have already been printed in. I would suspect something with respect to length in the first case, but that couldn't be the problem with the second.
Is there something I'm missing? Thanks for the help!
os.path.join? - inspectorG4dget