I am creating a client using GWT, and a server using App Engine, where we've got a combination of standard servlets, and Restlet components.
Following some online advice, I've succeeded in using restyGWT on the client side (encode/decode only), and Gson on the server side, to encode an object to JSON, move the data to the other side, and decode the object. In both directions. This is just for a simple class with two public members. I like this approach so far because it appears to not require using annotations.
We're using POST requests.
Is anyone using this approach? Are there pitfalls I should think about? What about private members? Lists/Arrays?
Does anyone prefer a different approach, and what is it?
Obviously we want the client and server to share source code for the objects we're moving back and forth. We'r using JDO annotations, will these conflict with either restyGWT or Gson?
thanks for listening.