I'm trying to create a board for a game, using a movie clip Block in my library. My code is in a linked actionscript file, and looks like this:
package {
import flash.display.*;
public class Plethora extends MovieClip {
public function Plethora(): void {
var m:uint=200;
var n:uint=200;
var boardArray:Array = [[0, 1, 0], [0, 1, 0], [1, 0, 1]];
for (var i:uint=0; i < 3; i++) {
for (var j:uint=0; j <3; j++) {
if (boardArray[i,j] == 1){
var thisBlock: Block = new Block();
thisBlock.stop();
thisBlock.x = m;
thisBlock.y = n;
addChild(thisBlock);
}
m = m -50;
}
n = n - 50;
}
}
}
}
When I test-run it, I get the following output:
verify Plethora$iinit()
stack:
scope: [global Object$ flash.events::EventDispatcher$ flash.display::DisplayObject$ flash.display::InteractiveObject$ flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer$ flash.display::Sprite$ flash.display::MovieClip$ Plethora$]
locals: Plethora * * * * * *
0:getlocal0
stack: Plethora
scope: [global Object$ flash.events::EventDispatcher$ flash.display::DisplayObject$ flash.display::InteractiveObject$ flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer$ flash.display::Sprite$ flash.display::MovieClip$ Plethora$]
locals: Plethora * * * * * *
1:pushscope
stack:
scope: [global Object$ flash.events::EventDispatcher$ flash.display::DisplayObject$ flash.display::InteractiveObject$ flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer$ flash.display::Sprite$ flash.display::MovieClip$ Plethora$] Plethora
...
locals: Plethora? uint uint Array? uint uint Block
136:findpropstrict addChild
stack: Array? Plethora
scope: [global Object$ flash.events::EventDispatcher$ flash.display::DisplayObject$ flash.display::InteractiveObject$ flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer$
I haven't the slightest idea what any of that could even begin to mean. I would appreciate some hints about how to start debugging this.