I am using tensorflow with python 2.7. However, after updating python 2.7.10 to 2.7.13, I get an import error with tensorflow
File "", line 1, in
File "/Users/usrname/Library/Python/2.7/lib/python/site-
packages/tensorflow/__init__.py", line 24, in
from tensorflow.python import *
File "/Users/usrname/Library/Python/2.7/lib/python/site-
packages/tensorflow/python/__init__.py", line 63, in
from tensorflow.core.framework.graph_pb2 import *
File "/Users/usrname/Library/Python/2.7/lib/python/site-
packages/tensorflow/core/framework/graph_pb2.py", line 6, in
from google.protobuf import descriptor as _descriptor
ImportError: No module named google.protobuf
Output from pip install protobuf
Requirement already satisfied: protobuf in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages
Requirement already satisfied: setuptools in /Users/usrname/Library/Python/2.7/lib/
python/site-packages (from protobuf)
Requirement already satisfied: six>=1.9 in /Library/Python/2.7/site-packages/
six-1.10.0-py2.7.egg (from protobuf)
Requirement already satisfied: appdirs>=1.4.0 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages
(from setuptools->protobuf)
Requirement already satisfied: packaging>=16.8 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages
(from setuptools->protobuf)
Requirement already satisfied: pyparsing in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages
(from packaging>=16.8->setuptools->protobuf)
Output from which python:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/python
I believe this path changed after the python update, but not sure. A solution could possibly be to downgrade python, but this seems like a bad solution? As I work in a team, I would like to avoid reinstalling Tensorflow due to end up with different versions, but this is perhaps the way to go? Any advice?
Update: I tired to install tensorflow all over, but the same error keeps popping up. Maybe the problem is the environment variables as which pipreturns /usr/local/bin/pip(which is different from which python)?
virtualenv. The "nuclear" option is to usedockerand do everything in a container. - drpng/usr/local/bin/python -c "import tensorflow"? - Mikael Rousson